Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Moussaka for the "mother in love"

So I made the moussaka. What a fantastic dish!
I'll do the shorthand:

Chargrill some eggplant and put in an ovenproof dish
Make a pasta sauce - of some sort - and put that over the top
Make a roux based white sauce and pour that over the top
Maybe top with cheese and breadcrumbs and bake

It works OK and it was nice.

I took a plate (the big one) to my Dora and Luigi's (my "mother-in-love's") place as a gesture of goodwill and a chance to give something tiny back.

And she was happy.

And then of course we had some very nice homemade wine from Mario Falaguerra and tasted some of this season's olives. And of course I took some away. That's just so Masciantonio. It's impossible to get taken from whe one is dealing with a Masciantonio. I'm very lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment